Monday, April 21, 2014

Hope Ramsay, Thank You for the Inspiration

I was on Twitter today checking out my favourite authors to see what's new.  Hope Ramsay posted a link for her new book.  I felt a frisson of excitement.  I could, I would do this.  I could hear Yoda say "Do or Do Not There Is No Try".
I am a longtime battler of depression and I had a particularly difficult winter.  The darkness of winter in the Northern Hemisphere imposes an added level of severity to the depression I fight.
This year I also had personal losses and Grief to struggle thru..
I have a cousin, her daughter has survived some very trying times. A husband who fought ALS  and lost his battle after 2 years.  She hit a roadblock this winter and was unable to move forward.  When she called me in tears unable to cope, I invited her to my home some 2 thousand miles away from her home to comfort, support and share with her the coping strategies I have developed over years of battling depression.
My Cousin's Husband sent the 3 of us to Maui for 2 weeks to help us help ourselves and heal some of the open wounds.
The Sunshine and warm weather gave me a jump start on my cycle of  coping with the setbacks the darkness imposes.
Soooo back to Hope Ramsay's inspiration.  I read as a survival tool. I had started this book blog and then life and depression shut me down for a while.
I am going to read her book and revive this book blog.
I am hopeful the structure and accountability this will attach to my reading therapy will propel me to a new level of functioning.
Watch Out World I'm-a-comin' for ya!
Hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment